Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic III Leaking at top of windscreen?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 13th March 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Grand Scenic III Leaking at top of windscreen?

Further detective work today appears to indicate the screen bonding is not leaking (that's a relief) and also that there are drain tubes from the front of the sunroof.

Inside the cabin, behind the headlining in a position adjacent to the sun visor pivot mount is a short metal spigot coming down from the roof. Into this spigot is pushed a small plastic elbow, which seals with a thin 'o' ring. On the other end of the elbow is a black rubber drain tube which disappears down behind the inner A pillar trim.

The drain tube, as expected, is blocked. I tried to clear the it by poking a wire down, but without success. It just gets to a stubborn spot and the wire won't go no more. I am unable to connect a hose either as there is only a short free length of tubing and this is very close to the headlining.

I thought the other end of the drain tube may come out behind the wheel arch liner - but no, so that was a lot of time wasted, getting car jacked up/wheel off etc.

I have now got to the stage of removing the outer scuttle trim just in front of the windscreen and I can just see a rubber tube behind the wiper motor. Once daylight comes, providing there's no rain and when I have some time I'll remove the wiper motor and look further at this rubber tube.

Sorry I can't post any pics. I am still unable to remove the inner A pillar trim and although I was able to release the headlining a bit so I could squint and see a little of what is going on there's no way I could get a camera in there.

Incidentally I'm working on the passenger's side. I expect the driver's side will be similar.

Currently in Portman's garage:
Grand Scenic III Privilege 2 litre CVT auto.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome