Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Problems replacing electric window regulator

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by ade1 View Post
Hi, I didn't know whether to post this in Electronics or Bodywork. I am trying to replace a front passenger side regulator (2 pin type) on a Laguna II. The window had been groaning and stuttering for a while and eventually would only move down about an inch before sticking. Having taken off the doorcard I found frayed rusted cables so got a new regulator for it. I am following the instructions on how to replace the regulator from

But I cannot get the window down more than an inch, have tried pulling it down by hand but it won't budge and with it up so high I cannot see what i'm doing or get a good grip on it. With the fiddling I've been doing two black clips and one blue one have come off.

Anyone got any tips for getting the window down. Is it necessary to get it down to replace the regulator?

Thanks for any advice!
I read in a forum if you close all the windows then hold the front diver and passenger switches on for 3 seconds it resets the bounce back facility so it may work.
Currently in Tonup's garage:
Laguna II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome