Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Heater fan position 4 & rear wiper

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Scenic Heater on setting 4

Hi, I have a 1.9 Dci Scenic II. The fan works on 1,2,3 and not 4. It failed once before under warranty and the dealer fixed it for free. It then failed again out of warranty and I contacted the dealer who informed me that it was going to cost 400 to fix as it was a burnt out resistor or relay. I got them to do the MOT and leave the fan as I did not have the cash. The dealer contacted renault who offered to meet me half way (200) (I applaud the dealer for their efforts). I suggested that perhaps it was a design fault and should be fixed free of charge. They said if it was a design fault other people would have this problem and therfore would still only meet me half way on the costs. So, it appears that others do have a problem with this. I work in electronics and if I designed something that burned out, I would be in deep trouble and it would mean a product recall. Also, what type of resistor / relay costs 400? So, I am running out of patience with renault as this scenic has had alot of probs (bought from new). I will be looking for another make of car soon. Unfortunate as this is my 4th renault and I was a fan (forgive the pun!!!).
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome