Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic III Leaking at top of windscreen?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 14th March 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Grand Scenic III Leaking at top of windscreen?

Thank you Pistol1. Those are very useful pictures - If only I'd seen them before I decided to remove the nearside front wheel to search for the front drain tubes..........

I had done a site search but for some reason that thread did not come up.

Anyway, have now cleared both front sunroof drain tubes (rear ones were already clear, as were the scuttle drains).

But I still have a leak!

Water is coming through between a seam of three spot-welded metal sheets right at the top passenger's corner of the screen. But higher than the screen bonding, so a failure of that can be ruled out. There must be something wrong underneath the piano black plastic trim strip which runs along on the outer edge of the sunroof.

I visited the local Renault dealer for guidance/advice but they have not had to remove these piano black strips before, nor have they had any similar problem leak(s) to deal with. The service rep also checked on the internal Renault system (where garages can post tricky problems to help out others) but again nothing showed up.

I then went to a body shop who will take the car in on Wednesday and take off the trim strip (hopefully without breaking it-touch wood) and go from there. I am reluctant to tackle the job myself as I'm afraid to break the trim strip.

Thanks for your help guys. I'm hoping there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Currently in Portman's garage:
Grand Scenic III Privilege 2 litre CVT auto.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome