Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grand Scenic - Is It Truly Practical?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My wife and I have been looking for a 7-seat replacement to our 98 Scenic I, for about 18 months. No hurry, so it's taken a while

We looked at everything with 7 seats. Having bought the Scenic I brand new, we planned to do the same again. After a short list of Grand Scenic, Touran, and S-Max, we decided on the S-Max. But we eventually decided to keep the Scenic I , and bought a Grand Scenic too. A 3 year old Grand Scenic for 6K, instead of something new for 20-22K

One thing we both looked at with ALL 7-seaters was the luggage cover. None of them really seemed to consider what to do with this. Almost all of the sales reps just said "leave it at home". But what about the times when a young playmate unexpectedly decides to come back home with you. Great, just get the 6/7th seat out, perfect. But where does the luggage cover go?

I've just found this in the user manual (image attached)

Nice idea, but I'm obviously not smart enough to fit it into both sides. Maybe the 2007 version is slightly different to my 05 reg. But using one compartment does allow you to store the cover behind the 3rd row of seats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GrandScenicLuggageCover.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	4982  
Currently in Bruce_'s garage:
1998 Scenic 1.6 Alize + 2005 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCI Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome