Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 2011 rolled with parking brake on

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th March 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic 2011 rolled with parking brake on

I parked my 2011 grand scenic in a driveway which had a very very minimal incline. When I parked the car I pressed the stop/start button, the engine cut out, the 'parking brake on' sign came on the dash and I removed the key card. I got out of the car and locked the door. I walked out of the driveway and walked about 100 feet down the footpath. I looked over my shoulder and saw the car rolling backwards down the driveway! It hit another car that was parked at traffic lights. When I got into the car to move it off the road I looked at the dash board and the 'p' light indicating the parking brake was on. I started the car as normal and it drove. There was no alarm bell going off before I left the car when I parked it initially or when I got back in after it rolled. No warning lights on the dash and had been driving fine. I brought it to a Renault garage and they ran a diagnostic test which showed no faults logged. Any ideas how a car can roll backwards with the parking light on and no warning bells to say there was any error before I left the car? Only have the car 4 months. Only other issue I had was ASB warning light came on a few weeks after I had it and sensors needed changing which sorted that.
  5 Lastest Threads by Evanmccormick
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic 2011 rolled with parking brake on Brakes/Hubs batfink5 4 187 15th March 2016 09:27 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome