Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Door / Locking Motor Issue

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by TazzyK View Post
Wasn't too sure wether to post this in the bodywork section or the electronics section... bit of both really.

The front passenger door is a bit 'hard' to open. It feels like its getting caught on something, possibly the striker, or maybe at the top somewhere.

The other problem is that I can hear the motor on that same front passenger door when I press the remote central locking... kind of a whoosh sound (that door only).

Any ideas please?
Hi Tazzyk sorry iam not sure about the motor to be honest but when i first got the espace i had a closing and opening problem on the passenger side door and i found the door was loose on the hinges and had dropped a little,all i did was to take the weight up of the door and tighten the torque bolts and hay presto opening and closing OK again,cheers Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome