Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Windscreen Seal: How to fix?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic Windscreen Seal: How to fix?

Hi. I have a 2003 Renault Scenic with a loose windscreen seal. Now, the window glass is solid and is in place, indeed I think that it is sealed seperately from the actual rubber around it, which is the bit that is loose - this black rubber is solid and intact, but has peeled away from the top corners of the windscreen a few inches on either side of the car. My question is, can I just pack the underside of the seal with silicone sealant, between it and the glass, and then push it down? Would that be ok - or should it be taken to a professional glass replacement company for sealing? If there is any chance my fiddling could eventually damage it i'd rather not bother, as the car is still worth getting on for 5 thousand. Any advice gratefully received, thanks!
  5 Lastest Threads by KingrichardIII
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Parcel shelf in an authentique kangoo? Interiors Haree 1 2804 29th June 2010 09:44 PM
Scenic Windscreen Seal: How to fix? Bodywork KingrichardIII 2 5072 20th January 2008 04:31 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome