Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 05 Megane CC - roof mechanism fault

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2016
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 05 Megane CC - roof mechanism fault

Originally Posted by turco81 View Post
I am having problem with the parcel shelf of my megane 2 cc 2006 that stays up after the roof fold in the boot. I found one of the cable snapped and I fixed it but still the parcel shelf stay up and I can't push it down by hand. I also notice that the from the side where the cable snapped (driver side) the boot is not closing properly as the folded roof is not blocked by the catcher but if I help pushing it down when the boot is closing, it does close properly. Parcel shelf still stay up but it fold back correctly when I put back the roof. I don't have any electric fault message but the first time this happen one of the back window blocked, now it is fine after that I cleaned the module.
Do you have any suggestion?
theres 4 cables to do with the shelf part of roof they need to be adjusted so the cam collects the arm if that makes sense, when you push shelf down while some one works the button you should be able to close shelf by had because there is a cam and arm in the hinge assembly might take a few time for you to see it working once you do it will make sense.. when cables get stretched or the hinge plates get worn or bent this cam will lock and this will snap the cables that run in side boot from the back boot mechanism to the roof hinge at 50 each not good.. they will need to be set up so the cam and arm meet at right point otherwise snapped cables.. trail and error takes two people i have found,, also be careful that the shelf door hit the roof when it goes down because its really does do a lot of damage, if cables are not adjusted it will also not allow roof to lock as well so get roof message on dash.. hope that helps
Currently in mike1967's garage:
buy repair renaults
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome