Join Date: Apr 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Update and its not good news
Replaced the screen and no joy - rarely such a thing as an easy life with the lag
I need to take a more logical approach maybe...
So far I have:
What do I do next? I was thinking:
- Disconnected and reconnected the battery
- Replaced screen and confirmed correctly plugged in
- Checked 20amp fuse behind ashtray
- Noted when the battery is reconnected the control unit lights flash and then come on but I'm not sure they come on again the next time the car is started - I'm either wrong on this or it knows the screen or something aint workin
- Perhaps the replacement screen is dead?
- Check power to the screen plug with an electrical screwdriver
- Pull the control unit out and check connections - but why would these be gone?
- Replace control unit
- Contact automotive electrician
Is there anything else it could be or I could do?
Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)