Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic 2004 Rear brake disc replacement: ABS rings

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Grand Scenic 2004 Rear brake disc replacement: ABS rings

Getting ready to replace rear discs & pads on my 2004 Grand Scenic II 2.0 petrol.
Already did the front discs couple of months back, that was a breeze.
The back discs will be the first time I do discs with integrated bearings and ABS ring on them.

I know that this vehicle has the larger (274mm) discs in the rear, as opposed to the 'regular' 270mm.
I also know that the discs have integrated bearings (and you can buy discs with and without pre-fitted bearings).

What is not clear to me is the ABS (reluctor) rings that are on the disc. I have found a single brand (Delphi) that advertise an included ABS ring on a new disc, but most vendors don't mention them at all (which leads me to believe they dont have them).

I don't want to mess with pressing the bearings myself so definitely will be getting 'bearing included' discs, but I'm wondering what the default procedure is when replacing the rear discs regarding the sensor rings?

Is it so common for a new disc to include the ring and nobody cares to mention it? Is it normal that you remove them from the old disc and put them on the new? Or is it just standard procedure to separately order new ABS rings when you order a set of discs?

Any help much appreciated!

When looking it up on the Apec Braking site, it gives the DSK 2398 as the rear disc. No mention of bearings and/or ABS rings.
  5 Lastest Threads by peter34
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Grand Scenic 2004 Rear brake disc replacement:... Brakes/Hubs batfink5 1 174 17th March 2016 07:39 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome