Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Condescending Mechanics !!

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
was this incident at a dealer? most dealerships now have ATA accredited technicians, who have a code of conduct to abide by, if you ask for the master tech or RTE at a renault dealer then you can be assured of professional treatment, most RTEs' are vetted before training and once on the course are trained in customer handling skills, the reason for the vetting is to ensure that the tech has a reasonable amount of pride in himself and his standard of work, making him a sound investment for the dealer to train. Being an RTE myself, i take my job seriously and value my accreditation, it can act as a passport to another job should i ever need it, therefore i don't want to risk losing it. Accredited tech's can be held responsible for their actions by the IMI and can lose their licence, which can also prove expensive, as you would imagine, accredited techs normally earn more than regular techs due to their proven skills.
Currently in Gogslad's garage:
Koleos, RR1 Fireblade, RRW Fireblade, CZ 125.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome