Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Xenon headlight replacement (including bumper removal)

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 20th March 2016
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 30 Times in 26 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 1,608 Times in 1,299 Posts
Re: Renault Laguna II - Xenon headlight replacement (including bumper removal)

You need to take both inner wing splash panel/guards off, .
When you look up, once the panels are removed, pins holding the corner of the bumper, going to the corner of the wing need removing.
Then , under the bonnet lid ( going from one headlight unit to the other) is 4 or 5 plastic clips, these have a slot that will take a flat bladed screwdriver, turn the screw anticlockwise, as you stop the bottom part of the plastic turning , the screw part will raise slightly, now these will pull out..
Then you can pull the centre grill section up, it should just lift out, and forward.

From under the car, unscrew the fixings holding the base of the bumper on.
If your car is still fitted with the undershield this also needs to come off..
Once you are happy that all fixings securing the bumper are off,( would check a few times, to make sure).
Go to the side of the car, where the bumper meets the wing, pull the corner of the bumper out, towards you, It can be a bit stiff to pull, this needs to come away from the wing, about an inch.
This needs doing on both corners.
When you have pulled the corner off, you then have to push the bumper forward, ( in the direction going away from the headlights )
It is heavy and awkward, with two of you it is easy.
If you have no one to help, then place some sort of padding on the floor under the bumper, otherwise you will scratch it.
There will be two plugs going to front fogs, and the washer pipe,.
These can be left alone if you are only taking the light units out.
The light, are held in by three ten mil head pins, two across the top, one on the side, remove the pins ,, then pull the headlights forward, disconnect the multi plugs,
and the headlights will come out.

I think, aesthetically, car design is so interesting - the dashboards, the steering wheels, and the beauty of the mechanics. I don't know how any of it works, I don't want to know,
Currently in ours2012's garage:
My Baby ( or the shed on wheels )Laguna 2 estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome