Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio I - Engines - Timing belt failure help needed

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 21st January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
hi tiggerz, thanks for the welcome, i had thought about a 2nd hand cylinder head for the job, for 20/30, but for a 97 car mine has 78k miles on it and i would think you would need another 97 head to replace it, (a stright swop) so it might have 120k miles on it and was it for sale from a crash or old age or would it need skimmed from a blown head gasket? (just thinking in the negative) so, i know there is nothing wrong with my own cylinder head, and thought if i renew the valves, gaskets and bits i will know what i'm getting, i just point this out for other members to see,, it may have been pointed out already,,,,,,through a friend "in the trade" i have a price for the valves and head gasket set of 70 which is even better than what i first thought , so the next thing, is to do the work, i will post back at the weekend if i have the job done and let you all know how it all went ..cheers kennybo.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome