Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - scenic 11 fault comes on dash only when handbrake mannual release is pressed.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
scenic 11 fault comes on dash only when handbrake mannual release is pressed.

Hi, My 2004 scenic 11, 1.5dci has developed a handbrake fault which comes up on the display,

The fault only comes on when the button (with red led on) is pushed in by hand to release the handbrake. As soon as the micro switch makes contact the check parking brake, and triangle with P in light up on the dash.

If I open drivers door, press lock doors on key card, then insert card into ignition and start the car, the dash responds normally by the usual lights coming on just before the engine starts, then everything clears and works properly, and continues to do so. I can pull the hand brake on by the hand lever, drive away and it comes off as it should, I can turn off engine, remove keycard, get out and lock doors, unlock doors get in start up and drive off, all ok, I can put handbrake on by pulling hand lever out and start to release it by hand by pulling lever out again (all ok), but as soon as I push centre button in to release the brake there is a bleep and the "check handbrake" warning lights (and P triangle) light up on dash.

The car has failed it's mot because of this.

All the hand release components (micro switches etc) tested ok, and I have tried putting another manual release handle in but the same thing happened.

At present I am removing the driver and passenger front seats as there is water under them and the wool insulation is soaked, so hoping to dry off any moisture/dampness in the electrics under them but do not think this is the problem because of what is happening.

I would appreciate any help with this as I cannot see any other threads like this.

Currently in bls50's garage:
2004 scenic 1.5dci
  5 Lastest Threads by bls50
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
scenic 11 fault comes on dash only when handbrake... Brakes/Hubs bls50 7 599 22nd March 2016 11:24 PM
how to turn ignition on without starting car Engines YOY 4 1012 10th October 2012 11:28 PM
Testing glow plugs Engines Prickleypear 5 1196 2nd September 2012 05:54 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome