Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Interiors - Air Bag Fault Lights

View Single Post
post #91 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2016
mick 57
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio - Interiors - Air Bag Fault Lights

Hi guys,i am a newbie to this forum .I had the same problem with my wife,s Renault Clio MK111 since april of last year . Lights came on but luckily ,they did not light up during it,s M.O.T,a week later they came on and stayed on, as the M.O.T is due again i went through all the conections again ,i even took out the airbag contoller and disconnected everything,
reconnected the battery,switched on the ignition AND still got the warning lights,then i thought,it must be some fault with the Drivers Aibag,tried for a hour to release the airbag from the steering wheel but it would not release for some reason.Anyway,i put everything back as it should be, Then just as a after thought,i sprayed WD40 around the back of the steering wheel so it ran down the back of the aibag,switched on ignition,
and by some magic,the lights came on for a couple of seconds and went out!!,just to make sure, i turned the steering from lock to lock a few times,turned ignition on/off,ran the engine and the lights stayed off. Luckily,this has solved it. Regards.Mick.
Currently in mick 57's garage:
peugeot 307 2002
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome