Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - scenic 11 fault comes on dash only when handbrake mannual release is pressed.

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: scenic 11 fault comes on dash only when handbrake mannual release is pressed.

Hi, just an update on my progress, thanks for the links, both useful. When I checked the R2 connector things worse than I thought with corrosion on app 10 wires with a couple broke completely, Also supply to relay and fuse connector had corroded and came off as I carefully was lifting out to check that.
I'm surprised I only had the handbrake fault and pretty sure I'd have been having a lot more soon judging by the condition of things in there.
I'm off to scrap yard on Sat morning that have a couple of these in, hopefully the same level of trim but if not and if the connector is ok I was thinking of cutting the wires 6-8" back each side of connector then do same to mine (one at a time probably) and solder/shrink to by pass damaged connector. Depending on the total amount damaged on mine after I have cleaned it up I may get away with just bypassing the damaged wiring, or might have to do them all, might seem a lot of work but I would rather do that than take it to garage etc. All I need is a break in the weather as it's been cold and damp today. Thanks for all the input, much appreciated.
Currently in bls50's garage:
2004 scenic 1.5dci
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls50 For This Useful Post:
batfink5 (24th March 2016), Nottnoc (24th March 2016)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome