Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - RX4 Buying Advice

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2008
Originally Posted by wobbly spoon View Post
i currently run a 1999 renault espace 2.2 diesel which is ace but is now excess to requirements and im looking at trading it in against a smaller but more sensible sized vehicle... now i really wanted something a bit different and really fancy a scenic rx4 , i think they look great and sexier than the bog standard scenic, but before i go and start haggling with the dealer i hoped i could get some feedback on this model... is it any good? would you recommend it ?etc etc ..any feedback would be much appreciated ..cheers
I like mine, had it since new. Goes reasonably well for what it is, handles OK too. Very comfortable and very flexible. Great in snow, ice, mud and floods. The prop shaft is renowned as a weak point (search the thread). They are about 700 for the parts. There are companies that are repairing them now though (since mine went) Some people dont like the brakes, but mine have not let me down. As you say, it's different.....

Last edited by Pat.w; 23rd January 2008 at 04:36 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome