Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna wont lock

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by stevejames View Post
Hi I Know Your Probably Gonna Tell Me My Key Is Faulty But I Have Even Had A New One.

The Problem I Got Is, I GOT A LAGUNA 2 The Car Opens On The Key CARD But Wont Lock On The Key CARD , The Centre Dash Button Or When I Drive It So It Cant Be The Key. Also The Child Lock Button On The Door Wont Activate.

The Dealer Told Me It Was The Key And I Forked Out £125 For A New One And Guess What It Dont Work Either......

I Can Tell When The Keys Break Cos You Get A Rattle On The Key And The Button Goes Soft Because It Falls Off Inside.

Any Ideas?
The cabin computer (the UCH ) handles the lock / unlock function.

Has your dealer check the fault codes on the UCH ? There is a specifc relay there that handles the lock signal that could be faulty. This is part of the passenger compartment relay box. Can you hear this relay click when you operate the lock button in the car?

There is a command that can be sent via the diagnostics tool to lock the car. (command AC006)

Open doors or an airbag fault can also prevent locking. These will be detected by a diagnostics check.

Sounds like it's either the relay or the UCH . It could also be that a fault on the wiring to the locks (short or disconnect).

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome