Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fitting SAT NAV to 51reg Tourer

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2008 Thread Starter
Psychic Snowboarder
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Fitting SAT NAV to 51reg Tourer

Please could someone help? I***8217;m thinking of putting sat nav into my much loved sports tourer. I want to stay away from all those Tom Tom***8217;s that stick on the inside of the windscreen as it is becoming an open invitation for car crime but I***8217;m not much of auto electrician.
All I want to buy is a sat nav that is sort of built into the radio and would display the info on the existing dashboard screen (the one in the middle of the car) I***8217;ve been looking on eBay for a solution and think I might have found something (please check out the auction number 200191968997). Basically I want to just take out the original stereo and plug the sat nav straight in without any messing. Is this possible?
The unit I have seen is a Carminat sat nav / cd / radio unit (Becker TBT BE 7412).
It is advertised to suit post 2003 models but may fit 2001 models onwards.
Would this suit my 2001 model? If not would it be just a case of fitting a post 2003 dashboard screen to enable me to get the graphics required (would it fit and work?) as well as the sat nav. Also are up to date discs available for this unit?
Thanks for your time, any information would considerably stop me from getting lost!!!
Currently in Psychic Snowboarder's garage:
Laguna II Sports Tourer 1.8 16v Dynamiqué

Last edited by Psychic Snowboarder; 23rd January 2008 at 02:33 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Psychic Snowboarder
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Fitting SAT NAV to 51reg Tourer Electronics Psychic Snowboarder 4 1427 23rd January 2008 02:29 PM
Laguna II Door Light Got A Mind Of Its Own Electronics Donald 1 754 17th January 2008 08:39 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome