Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio MkII uneven braking

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio MkII uneven braking

So, quick question(s).
The car is '04 Clio 1.5dCi, no ABS, front discs, rear drums.

On the last MOT the brakes were 7 or 8% stronger on the left, than on the right, and I'd like to reduce that to like 1% or less.

Another issue is that front left wheel is screeching even when I am not holding the brake. I am 100% sure that the sound is the pad touching the disc.

What I would like to know is what is the worst case scenario for this and how much would the worst case scenario cost.

Also, what are the chances that my front left disc is ruined because the pad is touching it almost all the time when going at speed of 10-20kmh.

One more quick question. My handbrake doesn't do anything on the first 3 "teeth" and I have to pull it really high for the car to stay on a not so steep hill, but it never went anywhere. Should I get that checked out too?

All of this work is going to be done by a mechanic, so I only need advice on what needs to be done and approximately how much would that cost me.
Currently in Matijapkc's garage:
2004 Renault Clio II 1.5dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by Matijapkc
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio 2 gear knob Interiors Matijapkc 0 126 14th July 2016 02:10 PM
AC doesn't come on (Clio II '04) Heating & cooling Matijapkc 11 337 14th July 2016 01:43 PM
Clio MkII uneven braking Brakes/Hubs Matijapkc 2 223 26th March 2016 03:51 PM
Clio MkII - can't change where the air blows Heating & cooling Matijapkc 0 221 4th January 2016 10:07 PM
Clio MkII fuel gauge Electronics Matijapkc 4 258 28th September 2015 03:35 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome