Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fitting SAT NAV to 51reg Tourer

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
No problem

PND = Personal Navigation Device. It's a term that they've coined to encompass The TomTom GO and other similar devices. They're good, and some of them are cheap while still being vastly superior to factory-fit sat-nav of a few years ago. The problem, as you've rightly identified, is that the thieves love 'em, so you have to get used to the ritual of fitting and removing them (including mounting brackets) every time you enter and leave the vehicle.

DIN-E is a German industry standard size for car stereos, adopted on most European vehicles. The Laguna II phase I has two DIN-E slots (the lower one is the stereo, while the upper one is a storage tray on most models, though it can be occupied by the CD changer or sat-nav control module on others.) The centre divider is easily removable, allowing the phase I to take a double-DIN unit if required. Some of the best after-fit sat-nav/DVD players are double-DIN units.

The Laguna II phase II lost the double-DIN capability, but that's not an issue for you, as yours will definitely be a phase I.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome