Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Jammed fuel cap - Renault Megane CC

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 27th March 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lightbulb Re: Jammed fuel cap - Renault Megane CC

Originally Posted by Jim O'Hagan View Post
My wife has a Megane CC 2004.

The fuel cap has decided not to unlock. Have any of you good folk out there had this issue and if so how did you get it sorted.

She is out of fuel and Renault have suggested we get it lifted to their garage to have a look at it.

There must be an easier way to fix it.

Living in HOPE!!!
I tried the solution with the Ďleaverí in the other posts but it didnít work, the locking motor for the flap was really stuck and pulling the plastic leaver just started to bend it! Solution, remove the round flap cover from the filler flap by simply pulling it from front to rear with your nails of both hands, itís just held on by lugs and slides off easily. This reveals the black plastic filler flap, the rod that is pushed in and out to lock the flap is in the 9 oíclock position on the flap. The rod is pushed and pulled forwards and backwards by a small motor, not a solenoid. Pull the flap out a little and you can see the small locking rod, just push a large flat headed screwdriver into the gap onto the surface of the rod and force it left to push it back a little at a time towards the rear of the car. After about 8 attempts it moved back enough to open the flap. I then used the flat screwdriver blade to push the rod all the way back into the housing, I then removed the wiring connector from the locking motor inside the boot (detailed in the other posts) so that it didnít try to lock the flap again. Hope this helps, worked a treat from me.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome