Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ignition Coils

Thread: Ignition Coils
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Angry Things Got Worse

Driving back from work this morning and the car decided that the revs were not high enough whilst I was in second gear so pumped 'em up to about 3000 . Anyway, I pulled over and as I was doing so the revs shot up to over 4000 and stayed there , good job I'm calm in a situation like that otherwise I would have ended up rear ending someone elses pride and joy

You all know the story so far with the revs being erractic and all so I wondered whether these high revs holding there until I switched the ignition off would point in the direction of something more specific or are we still looking at "could be anything"

Took me a good 15 seconds to start the car again but then she ran as she has been for the past couple of months with just the normal ups and downs in the revs.

I've got an diagnostics scanner coming tomorrow, hopefully, but would like some further input before then if at all possible.

Maybe one last thing to point out is that I seem to be getting a hell of a lot of output from the exhaust - white though, not black! I would assume that if the car was overfuelling then this would be rather blacker than normal, or am I wrong

PS: Bet your bottom dollar the scanner either doesn't work on my car or it doens't read any faults

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome