Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electric Window Fault

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my car was out of warranty for both windows (it is a 04 model, not 05 as I think I wrote before). The first window went 3 months after the warranty expired.

Re the dash display, this is a tricky one. I had taken my car in to my local Renault garage for the window meachnism problem, and left it with a normally functioning dash display. When the garage phoned me to discuss what needed to be done they 'mentioned' that the dash display wasn't working. I received the car back yesterday with no dash display. THe garage phoned me to say they were in contact with Renault to see whether they would contribute to the cost of repairs seeing as this is a common fault.

So in the meantime I am left with a car that really I shouldn't be driving because I don't know exactly what speed I am travelling at and I don't know exactly how much petrol is left. I also have no audible indicators and no radio controls.

Renault were supposed to have contacted me yesterday - when I phoned them at 5.30 the lady dealing with it had 'just left'. Still no word from them.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has been in a similar position. As far as I am concerned, I don't see why I should have to pay a penny if the fault occured when it was at the garage.

This is the 3rd time I have had trouble with repairs not being carried out properly/faulty replacement parts (one time causing me to have to wait for hours at a M'way service staion with 2 tired and hungy young children) I'm not best pleased.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome