Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1.9DTi no acceleration

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

After My Scenic Had Dveloped The Fault As Described Earlier, I Checked Around The Engine Bay And Descovered That The Erg Unit Was Disconected From It's Wiring. After Re-connecting The Unit Up Again I Thought That It May Have Cured The Problem, But No, The Exact Same Problem Existed, Engine Would Tick Over And When I'd Press The Accelerator, The Heater Plug Warning Light Would Come And The Revs Would Die. Went Back To The Car The Next Day, Had Another Look Under The Bonnett, Scratched My Head A Few Times, Didn't Touch A Thing Cos Frankly, I Didn't Know What To Try Next, And I Thought I'd Try Startin The Car Again, Did So, And The Engine Burst Into Life And Behaved Perfectly! Couldn't Believe It! I've Since Done 118 Miles In The Car Without A Hint Of Anything Untoward. It's Running As Smooth As The Baby's Proverbial Bottom. Why?! Could It Be That The Fault Was The Erg Unit And Does It Need To Reset Itself Once Becoming Disconnected?? Dunno, But Anyone With Any Suggestions Or Ideas, I'd Love To Hear From You!! Many Thanks To Those That Reply'd To My Previous Post
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome