Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Climate Illumination - Auto Climate Version

View Single Post
post #197 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Alright mate this is actually quite easy. Take out the climate module - start with the ashtray (press it open and it just pulls out) then the card reader. No need to unplug the card reader. Then there are two spring clips underneath the climate module that you need to release to pull it out. Unplug the two plugs/clips at the back and take it into ya lab.

The most difficult thing is just making an accurate solder. Good to get as fine a head for the soldering iron as you can find. Unclip the fascia of the module and then take the front off - all basic clips - taking care not to lose the position of the two main buttons. There's no need to take them off - or the lcd - if you're working on a well lit flat surface.

Two blobs one either end of 101. Job done. When I did mine I loosened it and it almost came clean off but I think that was because my soldering iron wasn't fine enough. Yes 101 is the one in the middle at the top and yes it really is that simple!

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)

Last edited by bpowell555; 25th January 2008 at 10:53 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome