Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help, Modus advice wanted!

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 27th January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
I agree with Pat here it really depend on your use annual mileage.

Driven quite a few of the Modus models, from 500 miles to 2,500 miles use over varying roads, I found the 1.5 diesel is the pick of the bunch., The 1.2 I found terribly under powered

The car is comfortable and roomy despite it's compact exterior size.

All the controls fall easily to hand and are well positioned i found the clock dash displays a bit small but you soon adjust to them the sliding rear seats as Pat says is a useful addition as the boot space is a bit tight.

The car runs smoothly and noise levels are well suppresed even in the diesel.

I found the Modus handling can get upset in strong crosswinds but other than that the handling is ok.

Quite a selection of models on the used market, An extensive warranty is essential when buying any Renault as some repairs that might seem quite simple can turn out to be very expensive.

Check the service history very carefully of any car you are looking at dates mileages.

If you are purchasing the car via a Renault main dealer they can tell you about any warranty work that has been done on the car also if any recall work is all upto date.

I would have a test drive in as many of the different models/engine types as possible to give you a feel for the car.

Use the Forums search facility input - Modus and it should throw up some info for you
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome