Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Young driver: Clio 2 or Megane 2?

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 2nd April 2016
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 27 Times in 25 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Thanked 1,796 Times in 1,375 Posts
Re: Young driver: Clio 2 or Megane 2?

Originally Posted by Youngpadawan View Post
Thank you guys! A mechanic told me today that Clio are nice cars but they break really often so that s out of the question. I ll go with the megane. Thank you very much for helping me.

Off topic: i know lots of young driver that deliver and have a normal insurance. It is a lot more expensive? I will def look into it online but if I logged in I'll cheat and ask you guys to also provide me some info about this things. I d like to start delivering pizza for dominos
On cheaper cars.... will likely to be older so rule of thumb is simpler the better, less to go wrong.

On insurance, police are running more and more spot checks on fast food delivery drivers.
Wrong class of insurance = seized vehicle, points on licence, potential loss of licence, heavy fine.

Insurers are also taking a dim view so are loading future premiums for those caught.
Currently in Dancingdad's garage:
Qashqai 1.6 spark driven, Kia Sedona 2.9 TDI, Scenic II 15DCi 2004 (SORN) not quite RIP.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome