Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Climate Illumination - Auto Climate Version

View Single Post
post #202 of (permalink) Old 28th January 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
appologies if this is a repost of a previous how to, mabey a mod can make it a sticky to save trawling 21 page thread.

1 remove ash tray by opening it and simply pulling it following the direction the tray lies.

2 remove the card reader by pulling it gently horizonaly either side at where the card reader meats the dash

3 remove the aircon unit by realeasing the 2 metal locating clips hidden behind the white plastic bits at the bottom with round resesess in them simply press these up while gently pulling the unit towards you.

4 remove the units facia by uncliiping the 3 plastic clips along the top of he unit followed by the 2 on the bottom.

5 unclip and remove the elctical looms from the back of the unit, do this by rotating the platic lips on them countclockwise until they pop the connectors out.

6 remove the black plastic casing again 3 clips on top 1st followed by 2 on the bottom this will give you acess to the circuit bord we need.

I removed the display housing and screen from the board and uncliped it from the housing as well to check the pcb tracks on the back of it but this isnt really nessacary so long as your confident of your stead hand with a hot soldering iron I was using a gass soldering iron so dodnt want to risk it.

7 once inside you'll see the chip/resistor pictured below marked 101 and probably notice a scorched brown area around it, this is the chip we need to resolder.

**caution appying heat to this part will melt the remaining solder and cause it to detach from the board and possibly fall off or get lost. I used a tool from my soldering kit to gently hold it in place as I applied heat but a ball point pen would do the same job you only need to apply gentle pressue to make sure the resistor doesnt lift with the iron when you remove it**

8 resolder the joints either side of the resistor to reseat it on the PCB I personally added a bit of extra solder to prevent it breaking free again as it obviously gets very hot on longer runs.

9 once resoldered connect the looms again to ensure all is working I've pictured the below the camera flash has taken the resoltion away from the pics but you can see the LEDS are on.

10 all working reassemble the unit taking care to make sure the stalks that do the central button and lights of the temp knobs go in correctly and pt back in place.

11 replace the card reader and ash tray and your laguna dash should look something like this once your keycard is inserted. All nicely lit and working again.

ps if anyone wants to know how to wire in a parot bluetooth handsfree kit as seen in the last pic as they are having the same nightmare I did getting an adapter loom I can help with that too.

Currently in H_Turner's garage:
05 Subaru Outback 3.0R
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to H_Turner For This Useful Post:
Meganic (22nd January 2011), rawill (18th June 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome