Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Graduated-Light Fuel Guage/ Economy

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 30th January 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by mattkennard View Post
I'm usually surprised with the variation in the number of miles I get before the first bar on the fuel guage goes out - I think it must be due to different fuel pumps and when they cut out when your tank is full.

My best mileage is 92 miles before the first bar has gone out, running on French hypermarket diesel on the way back from a daytrip (motorway/A-road driving). The worst is definitely in winter, and was in December 07 at 65 miles. Like I said before, a huge variation from the 92. Most regularly, the first bar usually goes out in the late 70s/early 80s.
I mainly use Sainsbury's diesel, sometimes Morrisons, always with two squirts of Millers Diesel Power Sport 4.
Hello again, Matt.
92 miles is about my best for the first light, as well. I can get this on purely motorway cruising, always on Shell diesel (no particular reason, other than it being the cheapest here in Tonbridge). My worst figure is 63, gained after just urban driving, which I do very infrequently (it was a special occasion).
Normally, the first light goes out at 84 miles. I saw a drop to 77 two weeks ago with the new Pirelli tyres I mentioned, but now that these have bedded in, economy has gone back to normal. Consumption also increases when the temperature drops to 4 degrees c. for any length of time (glow plugs), but with this excessively mild winter, I've been ok so far.
Currently in mrtotty's garage:
2011 Clio dCi 88 Expression Eco
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome