Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Which ISOFIX, age 0+, '04 Scenic?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 30th January 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by grimep View Post
I want to get a better baby seat as my current one requires awkwardly threading the seatbelt around the seat... just acquired an 04 Scenic and want to take advantage of ISOFIX...

Ive read the Scenic manual and apart from saying "buy from Renault" -- hmmm -- the pictures seem to show either a hook-over the top type ISOFIX, or a base unit with support leg is OK.

I'm looking at the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix seat, Easyfix base, and combined with a compatible buggy could either be a great buy or a 500 disaster if it doesn't fit.

Don't expect that Renault produces child seats. They are supplied by known manufacturers (like Britax for example) and they charge too much...
Anyway, in Maxi Cosi website, they say some strange things about Scenic ("It is unknown if this car seat will fit in this car model") ...
Take a look at Recaro Young Profi Plus (with the-separate-ISOFIX base. This is the one I bought for my baby in 2006 and it fitted in my Clio just fine ...
Contact any of those two brands or visit a respective shop. There are fitment lists of the cars the seat should fit .
Currently in Govus's garage:
A 2004 boreal grey Renault Clio II 1.4 16v Confort Dynamique 5door, a 2003 Piaggio Liberty 125 and a 2011 Ideal NErgetic (bicycle) in Athens, Greece
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome