Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New scenic, anything I should check?

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 9th April 2016
Honorary Yorkshireman just in Derbyshire
Nominated 18 Times in 14 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,287 Posts
Re: New scenic, anything I should check?

Originally Posted by tiger750 View Post
OK notts that's really useful info.

I'm slowly getting used to the EPB but i think i still prefer a manual HB, I don't like the fact it is either on or off, I like to feather the clutch and HB together for some situations eg. if i'm in a tight parking spot on a hill i can see it might be easy to roll back if you fluff the start. The fact it's operated by the right hand still weird's me out sometimes but I suppose it's just a matter of getting used to it? Don't Mercs have a strange foot operated HB?
Very rarely use the manual bit of the EPB, it just works. Honestly, it took me ages to get used to it, but now I trust it, it's brill. Trouble is, when in the Trafic, I stall it, as the HB doesn't come off automatically

Regards Tim,
You are only young once, but you can be immature forever
Give a n00b the answer he will be learn for a day; show him the search button, he will learn for life.
Currently in Nottnoc's garage:
2008 Scenic Mk2 Dynamique 1.6 K4M 782. 1998 BMW K1100LTSE, 1994 MotoGuzzi Caifornia 3 LAPD, 1972 Norton Commando, 2010 Trafic SL29 M9R782 115, Lots of tools, Camping Gear & Booze
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome