Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Urgent help required ASAP. garage problem

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th January 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to cardiff_gareth
well since my last posting my warranty policy has gone live on their 'system' so that the cost of the horn that was replaced will be covered by them so I don't have to foot that part of the bill so the total cost of the bill that I have to pay has gone from 382 to 223.63, not bad considering I thought warranty work was done FOC as it was a warranty, sarcasm there

I've rang consumer direct who say that the garage have breached section 13 of the supply of goods & services act 1982 and I can either:

Accept and pay the bill
Ask them to undo the work and un-fix it

So i've just said that I can't afford the cost of repair and that if they had informed me of the cost BEFORE carring out the work then I wouldn'd of had the work done so they can either unfix it which means more labour for thier mechanics or we can come to an arrangement on the cost.

I only told them about the screen as it may have been covered under warranty and now I wish I hadn't and done it myself !

Peeved off doesn't do it justice !
Currently in cardiff_gareth's garage:
2003 Renault Scenic Mk 1 phase II 1.6 Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome