Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Haynes manual - any alternatives?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th January 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to root-two
Haynes manual - any alternatives?

Does anyone know of any reasonable alternatives to the Haynes Manual for the Mk2 Clio? I picked up a copy recently and, to be honest, the quality is atrocious especially compared to the older Haynes manuals.

OK, it's not quite useless but not having a photo of the engine layout in my particular age of car (V-reg, so late 99?) isn't what you'd call a good start - if you went 'by the book', you'd be pouring brake fluid into the power steering reservoir

Although modding doesn't float my boat, this Renault Clio: The Definitive Guide to Modifying (Haynes "Max Power" Modifying Manuals): Robert Jex looks like it might be a better bet (and appears to be written better) but apparently only covers the Mk.1

I know about the FAQs and whatnot, but prefer something I can read in bed or whilst communing with nature in the smallest room of the house

"No performance at all is vastly preferable to an obscene travesty" - Kaikhosru Shapurji Sorabji
Currently in root-two's garage:
1999 Clio 1.2RN Grande (D7F)
  5 Lastest Threads by root-two
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Upgrading brake lines Wheels & tyres madnoel10 11 3097 29th December 2008 08:34 AM
Haynes manual - any alternatives? Cars & motoring root-two 5 4912 30th January 2008 10:57 AM
Clio - the dreaded power loss problem Engines root-two 10 3502 2nd January 2008 08:42 AM
Dude ... where's my brake fluid filler? Engines madnoel10 5 4339 10th December 2007 04:25 PM
Replacement stereo unit with DAB receiver? Electronics madnoel10 7 2093 14th November 2007 12:53 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome