Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Replacement Keys

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 30th January 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to root-two
Originally Posted by RUSTYBOB View Post
Hi, First time for me, has anyone had any problems obtaining replacement keys? Unfortunately i lost the only one i had and oredered a new one on the 29th December 2007, i was told it would be about 7 to 10 days. I am still waiting, absolutely unbeleivable, car is a 1998 Renault Megane e.
Funnily enough, I set about ordering a spare key for the Clio today. The required bits and pieces (the plip and the key blade in my case) need to be ordered from France and I was quoted 5-10 working days for the components to arrive.

The guy I spoke to in the dealer parts department wasn't happy about it, but he said that's the way Renault work and their hands are tied by it. That said, the wait isn't an issue for me as I have a working key and just need a spare.

You definitely need to chase the dealer down though - even taking into account the Christmas/New Year break, a wait of a month isn't at all acceptable. Doubly so if you had to pay up front for the new key.

"No performance at all is vastly preferable to an obscene travesty" - Kaikhosru Shapurji Sorabji
Currently in root-two's garage:
1999 Clio 1.2RN Grande (D7F)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome