Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hands-free Laguna forgets to lock itself

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Hands-free Laguna forgets to lock itself

Twice now, I've caught the car forgetting to lock itself when I've walked away with the key. First time around was outside my house, and I actually noticed immediately that the indicators didn't flash and the horn didn't 'parp.' I approached the car with the card and walked away a couple more times, and eventually gave in and locked it with the button.

Today's example is more worrying. I parked the car at some motorway services, walked away without even thinking about it. It was only when I got back to the car that I realised it didn't unlock when I broke the sensor beam with my hand. Initially, I thought the card must be out of range (the battery seems to be getting a bit weak already) but it was in my pocket, right next to the car. I tried breaking the beam again, and still nothing happened, so then I tried pulling the handle and the door opened.

As I was on my way back from a job in Dundee, the boot had a hold-all full of clothes and my not so trusty Sony notebook PC in it. I'd tucked my TrafficMaster out of view, and (sensibly) taken TomTom with me (as I always do.) Fortunately, all of the stuff was still there, but it could have been a very different story.

So to anyone with a hands-free Renault - either forget the hands-free locking/unlocking feature altogether and use the buttons on the card (I'm seriously contemplating this) or make sure you always look and/or listen for the system activating as you walk away from the car.

Here endeth the lesson (or something.)
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
  5 Lastest Threads by Horatio
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio II odd ABS fault Electronics jamie 6 3842 22nd May 2011 08:49 AM
Carminat TomTom nightmare Electronics JohnKFreeman 9 16968 7th May 2011 09:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome