Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #109 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Horatio
I believe the offence is "Driving without due consideration for other users" if plod decides to throw the book at you. Points (3, I think) plus fine. Though in most cases, if they can be bothered even stopping you, they'll just give you an informal warning and tell you not to do it again.

I have heard of someone getting points and the fine for driving around with his front fogs on, but it was a 'friend of a friend' thing, and the same friend believed the story about the meals on wheels guy, the old lady and the chocolate covered peanuts.

No offence ('scuse the pun here..), Horatio, but does the term 'I believe' mean it is actually illegal. I got stopped a few years ago outside my house when I had my front fogs on. My reason was the local council were laying ''sleeping policemen'' and they left piles of tarmac at the roadside at sporadic locations which seemed to shift around on a daily basis. They were not coned or illuminated and I though a little more light would prevent me from driving into one on that particularly miserable evening. That was accepted by plod, next came the question - have you had a drink?

I got away with that one too..

Nick (ex W Suffolk Chairman for CAMRA)
Currently in Nick's garage:
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.5
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome