Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna estate mkII brakes desperate help please

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th April 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna estate mkII brakes desperate help please

Hi guys. I've had the car few weeks and it had been sat a year before I got it. when braking the stop and handbrake light would briefly come on and when I released the brake you hear big hiss of air front left. Well today did 9 mile trip that was terrible. No power, juddering and brakes 90% lost. Front left disc extremely hot and smelled of burning/heat. Breakdown took off wheel banged the caliper about and squirted mc1 stuff. Told me that it could've siezed but was was all free moving fir him and suggested I need new pads, change brake fluid and if it was his he'd strip the calipers give them and pins good clean up and put copper grease (can't remember where) well u drove car home and it was best it's been. The hiss has 98% percent stopped. Only faint small one now when I release brake but the lights still flash on on harder braking. I'm worried my servo could be failing??? Or is everything just mega sticky and need cleaning. Ive got kidney donation operation on Fri at other end of country so I'm parking it up til after as I can't risk it on the motorway. Any help or pointers would be great as if it's gonna cost a fortune I gotta decide whether to keep it or not. Cheers for reading sorry it's long xx
Currently in LornaLupus's garage:
2002 1.8 laguna estate
  5 Lastest Threads by LornaLupus
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Window won't go up Electronics LornaLupus 8 207 12th September 2016 03:23 PM
Vehicle diagnostics gadget?? Tools & equipment ours2012 21 499 8th September 2016 08:03 PM
Laguna window Electronics LornaLupus 7 162 7th September 2016 01:16 PM
What's this cable in the engine?? **Identified** Engines LornaLupus 19 620 9th July 2016 07:43 PM
window repair laguna mk2 Electronics LornaLupus 0 166 7th July 2016 09:05 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome