Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Warning about second hand radios

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Warning about second hand radios

I recently bought a second hand radio for my 04 plate Scenic off ebay .
It was an 'update list' model which appeared to be the correct model for my car, correct aperture size, correct pin connector layout etc.
The only problem was when I connected the wiring there was no display on the dash. I took it into my local dealer in Rugby, who where very helpfull, asking them if they could try another radio to check if the problem was with the radio or the dash display.
When I went to collect half an hour later I was advised it was in fact the wrong model. Even though to all intent & purposes it look to be the right one it has to be one of two specific part numbers. The one I had bought was for an 05 plate Clio.
I have now found another one of ebay with the correct part number which is arriving shortly.
So this is just a warning when buying second hand radios. Ensure it has the correct part number!
Currently in AirConPro's garage:
2004 Megane Scenic 1.9dci Expression
  5 Lastest Threads by AirConPro
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic 2 - 'Check Injection' Light... Scenic astrawally 43 113231 8th February 2008 02:54 PM
Warning about second hand radios Electronics ottoman 1 1346 31st January 2008 09:57 AM
Air Con Problems Solved Heating & cooling piecrimper 42 11377 23rd January 2008 07:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome