Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - To DIY or not DIY

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 13th April 2016
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 30 Times in 26 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,295 Posts
Re: To DIY or not DIY

Open door, where you put your hand to pull the door shut, inside there, is a screw, it could be covered with a cap.
Undo this.
Or you could have the other type fitted,
this type ( if you cannot see a screw) unclip the door handle , by forcing it towards the door and lifting up..
If you are going to use a screwdriver to get this part out ( we would ) place a cloth under the screwdriver, so as not to mark anything.there will be a screw under this.
Now got to your inner door handle, in the centre of this you will see a piece of plastic, about the size of a finger tip, if you look carefully, you will see a small cut out, thin screwdriver in there, flick it out, this will reveal a screw.
Undo this screw. leave the door handle on the door card
Bottom of the door card, two pins, undo these.
Now you need to pull the door card away from the bottom, Again a screwdriver between door card and door, slight pull to you and you will see them separate.
Once separated, lift the door card up, high enough to clear the the rubber seal, on the door card,.
Now the door card will come off, ledge it to the side, there should be enough room for the next part, without completely removing it.
Disconnect the wiring to the door mirror, remove the seal from the wiring, again small screwdriver will help.
Now you will need to cut the plastic film in relation to where your mirror is, then undo the bolt holding the door mirror, . your door mirror will now come off..
It is not hard, take your time, think of the money you will save.....

I think, aesthetically, car design is so interesting - the dashboards, the steering wheels, and the beauty of the mechanics. I don't know how any of it works, I don't want to know,
Currently in ours2012's garage:
My Baby ( or the shed on wheels )Laguna 2 estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome