Some of you, especially Mike and Andy, will recall my recent posts about my previous MOT advising that the track rod ends are replaced, and whether this is to do with the judder my Vel Satis 3.0 dCi experiences at 80mph...
Well, here goes with my latest update...
- Took my VS to a Renault specialist who deal with a lot of other Satises and a few Avantines
- They replaced the track rod ends, the link bar and other steering parts
- They put new brake discs and pads front and rear, plus put a new caliper on the rear
- They replaced the rear anti roll bar
- They also replaced the passenger side front wheel, which was buckled on the inside apparently
- Bear in mind my VS has 4 more-or-less brand new tyres with about 500 miles put on them since purchase
Result? The car STILL JUDDERS at 80mph!
So what do you reckon - bearings, bushes or even worse... I need a new gearbox? Considering my car's only done 50,000 miles...
I'm hoping, after reading lots of other posts on here, that it may just be that the REAR wheels need tracking too, not just the front wheels. I gather from some other forum members in the past that this may remove judder.