Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Engine Undertray Bolts

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna 2 - Engine Undertray Bolts

Noticed today that a couple of bolts out of my drip tray (front corner and rear corner on the passenger side) are both missing. They have been removed by the dealer that many times sorting one thing and another out they probably just worked loose.

Any way, I got a couple of bolts from the dealer (the ordered them for me and got them same day so I assumed they were correct) but after laying under the car in rain/snow/gale tonight I cannot get them to fit.

It's like the holes they screw into are either too big or have no thread.

Now my question after all this rambling is...

The holes they screw into are just drilled into the steel frame under the engine. Are these holes threaded (thus meaning my bolts are too small) or do they have some sort of threaded clip behind them (in which case that is missing on mine)?

It is hanging quite low and I don't want to catch it on anything and damage it (or the rest of the car for that matter) so would like to get this sorted tomorrow if possible.

Also, I assume the drip tray (like the name suggests) serves no purpose other than stopping oil dripping on my drive? So if the worst came to the worst I could just take it off until I can sort it?

Can anyone help?

Hope that made sense! I may possibly have frozen my brain outside trying to sort this out just now
Currently in KeyRenRF3's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 2.0 IDE Initiale (Petrol, Manual)
The Following User Says Thank You to KeyRenRF3 For This Useful Post:
Dannyc26 (5th January 2014)
  5 Lastest Threads by KeyRenRF3
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Door Handle Not Flush Bodywork liddy 3 1720 1st February 2010 01:19 PM
Warnings and Faults Engines KeyRenRF3 5 2185 5th January 2010 09:58 AM
Snapped Bumper Trim Bodywork VelSatisfied 3 1546 2nd November 2009 08:04 AM
Whine When Coasting Engines madnoel10 9 1997 10th February 2009 04:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome