Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Misfire*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Megane 1 - Misfire*FIXED*

I have had my 2001 1.4 megane expression + for just over a month and today it's started to shake when idle, this is obvious to passengers as well as me with the gear stick, wheel, pedals etc.

The revs are also quite low, and needs quite a bit of petrol to pull away and acceleration can sometimes feel quite slow. The exhaust was producing quite a thick white product at the beginning of journeys. There was also a weird smell inside the car intermittently, the A/C and heating was off, and it wasn't really a burning smell.

The shaking just started happening today, but I have noticed a few things the last couple of days, such as heavy steering and slow acceleration, but not really too much to be initially concerned with.

It's covered by the dealer, so I will see them, but just wondered if anybody had any ideas?
  5 Lastest Threads by SeanW
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane I - Ignition coils again? Engines gemsdad 22 3591 30th December 2008 03:06 PM
Megane - Intermitting Starting Problems Engines stef123 2 1018 8th April 2008 08:10 PM
Renault Megane 1 - Misfire*FIXED* Megane stef123 9 5448 31st January 2008 07:14 PM
Rear Window Shattered Bodywork SeanW 10 3938 31st December 2007 12:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome