Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Misfire*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Originally Posted by SeanW View Post
I have had my 2001 1.4 megane expression + for just over a month and today it's started to shake when idle, this is obvious to passengers as well as me with the gear stick, wheel, pedals etc.

The revs are also quite low, and needs quite a bit of petrol to pull away and acceleration can sometimes feel quite slow. The exhaust was producing quite a thick white product at the beginning of journeys. There was also a weird smell inside the car intermittently, the A/C and heating was off, and it wasn't really a burning smell.

The shaking just started happening today, but I have noticed a few things the last couple of days, such as heavy steering and slow acceleration, but not really too much to be initially concerned with.

It's covered by the dealer, so I will see them, but just wondered if anybody had any ideas?
have a search on the forum for ignition coils and see if any of the symptoms are the same as yours.
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome