Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna 2 steering lock

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 1st February 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by ChrisAngus View Post
Hi all,

I have a laguna 2 that i suspect needs a new steering lock, as it is not operational and the ignition does not switch on. I have renault Clip and every thing else seems to be working ok, card,reader, uch . I have read some posts that the lock will need programming, my question is, as the locking system is not diagnosable, how is it programmed??

Whilst the lock is not diagnosable there are some checks that can be performed via the UCH . What fault codes are you seeing from the CLIP?

Programming the new lock is simple and doesn't require the CLIP. After fitting a new (un-programmed) lock just insert the keycard for a few second and then remove it. The code from the UCH is stored in the lock. Note that once programmed the code cannot be erased. You cannot fit a lock from any other vehicle.

The lock is held in place with a reverse thread bolt. Also the lock can only be removed if it is in a released state.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome