Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna 2 steering lock

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 1st February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Eeeps View Post
Whilst the lock is not diagnosable there are some checks that can be performed via the UCH . What fault codes are you seeing from the CLIP?

Programming the new lock is simple and doesn't require the CLIP. After fitting a new (un-programmed) lock just insert the keycard for a few second and then remove it. The code from the UCH is stored in the lock. Note that once programmed the code cannot be erased. You cannot fit a lock from any other vehicle.

The lock is held in place with a reverse thread bolt. Also the lock can only be removed if it is in a released state.

Hi, and thanks for the replies. There are no fault codes stored in any of the controlers, cant access engine ecu which i suspect is beacause I can't switch the ignition on. The problem with the car is no ignition when the card is inserted, the reader seems to be working and accepting the code, both micro switches are ok too. Using a different scan tool under imobiliser i can see the steering lock flashing between active/inactive, I'm guessing it's not able to activate the lock. For some reason I can't get live data for imobiliser in clip. I can activate the ignition relay through uch functions so I'm assuming the uch and instruments are ok.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome