Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic reliability? Better than they were?

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2016
Honorary Yorkshireman just in Derbyshire
Nominated 19 Times in 15 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,288 Posts
Re: Scenic reliability? Better than they were?

Originally Posted by Davegayle View Post
Mate, that's just about the worst advice you could give on a mk3 scenic. The wiper motors are situated immediately above and a deluge of water from below could render them inoperative.
It's far better to remove the wiper arms and plastic panels, then move the wiper motors to the side and clean each side out properly. It's only about an hours job taking it slowly, I've heard folks say they've done it on 30 mins.
Sorry Dave, the gent concerned has a Mk2 Scenic. Your comments are still valid, but in my defence, I failed to mention that when I HAD to do this, SWMBO was holding a sponge over the top of the drains, as we had taken off everything to try clearing it from the top, in the manner you describe. So clogged indeed, that all we got was an upwards trickle. BUT it did start things moving. Also removing the inner wing allowed me to massage the end of the pipe where in my case the crud had formed a compacted lump.

Regards Tim,
You are only young once, but you can be immature forever
Give a n00b the answer he will be learn for a day; show him the search button, he will learn for life.
Currently in Nottnoc's garage:
2008 Scenic Mk2 Dynamique 1.6 K4M 782. 1998 BMW K1100LTSE, 1994 MotoGuzzi Caifornia 3 LAPD, 1972 Norton Commando, 2010 Trafic SL29 M9R782 115, Lots of tools, Camping Gear & Booze
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome