Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #116 of (permalink) Old 10th March 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Not sure if this one's been mentioned (there's a fair few pages to wade through) but...

People who think that if someone overtakes them, their reproductive organs will wither and drop off. This particularly seems to manifest itself as people speeding up when you try to overtake them on the motorway.

It's particularly noticeable when using cruise or the limiter. If I refuse to edge up a few MPH, then I'm left sat in the outside lane level-pegging with the idiot, with the people behind no doubt thinking that I'm the one to blame for 'not overtaking.'

If I'm lucky, I get to 'scrape them off' when they come up behind a slower car in their lane. In other cases, I have to stack on the extra speed (that I don't want to be doing) and then slow back down once I've pulled in front of them. In most cases, they've already slowed back down to their previous speed when they realise that they're not going to 'win' whatever silly competition they think they're engaging in. Just occasionally, I'll get one that sits right up my backside, or insists on stacking on even more speed and overtaking.

Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome