Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Positive Outcome Of Problems

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 1st February 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by J.E.Gill View Post
Hi Everyone
Just thoughtyou might like to read something positive about Renault and my Laguna 1.9 dci privilage tourer.
2wks ago,while on the motorway,it told me that the fuel injection was faulty. I was within 1/4 mile of an exit slip road, so i decided to come off and ring my husband, but as i came off it began to lose power and within seconds the revs went out of control and smoke started to pour out of the exhaust. It would'nt stop with the button so in panic i just pulled out the key andit stopped.
We contacted Customer Relations at Renault my husband knew that the turbo 's on them had been a problem. The car was 6yrs old and had done 103,000 milesso we did'nt have any great expectations.
Believe it or not Renault said they would pay 40 percent towards the cost of repairs,even if it had to have a new engine. It went into our local Renault dealer and although the engine was okay it had to have a new turbo with air cooler,catalytic converter, and exhaust. The cost to me was £1,418.
My husband went to pick it up but when he set off everything had changed from m.p.g. to k.m.h.
No Good To Me!!!!
The garage said "it was'nt their fault"(i was beginning to feel rather annoyed) but they would contact the technical dep,of Renault U.K. the answer came back---it could not be reversed from k.m.h. to m.p.g, without a new instrument panel.The price? approx £450 (i was now feeling really annoyed) but they would contact customer relations and explain what had happened.
Guess what?
Customer relations said that renault would stand the cost.
All this in one working day.

I was never going to have another Renault(i've had 4),but it really has made me think again.

As far as i know it costs nothing.Never tried it.I think I got this off this forumsomtime ago.

To change the digital display from mph to kmh and back again do the following
(from Dutch handbook): Have the Renault card ready in your left hand but donít insert it yet.
Press and hold the computer function button on the end of the wiper stalk. Insert the card and
start the engine. The speedo will flash for about 3 seconds. When it stops flashing, release the
computer button and the speedo and the cruise control switch to Km, though all other functions remain
in miles. Simply repeat to change back
to miles.

1. Unlock the vehicle, do not start the engine

2. insert card

3. Press and hold either of the trip computer buttons and the start button together

4. Keep pressed until speedo appears

5. Release start button and hold the trip computer button until speedo changes from miles to kilometers or vice versa..

6. Press start button twice to switch off ignition.

Now you're done
Currently in rickyaswell's garage:
2006 Renault Laguna II Initiale 2.0 dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome